Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
The Elcano Blog is the Elcano Royal Institute’s platform for dialogue which brings the ideas and opinions the ideas and opinions of our analysts on Spain’s foreign policy and action abroad and, indeed, on Spain’s global projection and international relations in general. The contents of this blog are also linked to the Institute’s research, publications and activities and its participation in global networks along with other think-tanks. Both authors and readers, fully identified as such, will be part of a community of users whose interaction and dialogue is moderated by community standards, participations guidelines and comments policy.
How does the community interact ?
There are 10 simple guidelines which we expect all participants in the community areas of the Elcano Blog to abide by. These apply across the blog, while moderation decisions are also informed by the context in which comments are made.
- Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Persistent misrepresentation of the Elcano Royal Institute and our analysts will not be published on our blog.
- We will consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such.
- The blog will be in strict compliance with current legislation in Spain and the European Union. We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy.
- We promote a non-profit and non commercial space.
- Keep the content relevant.
- The debates and conversations should have a respectful tone.
- The Elcano Royal Institute reserves the right to edit comments.
- The Elcano Royal Institute is not responsible for the views or information expressed in this blog.
- If you act with maturity and consideration for other users, you should have no problems.
- Don’t be unpleasant. Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom and humour we know you possess.
- Take some responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating.
About the Elcano Royal Institute
The Elcano Royal Institute (Real Instituto Elcano) is a private entity, independent of both the Public Administration and the companies that provide most of its funding. Its output aims to be of use to Spain’s decision-makers, both public and private, active on the international scene. Its work should similarly promote the knowledge of Spain in the strategic scenarios in which the country’s interests are at stake.